Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Official GNB's View on Valentine's Day



I definatly believe in love. I would even say that i believe in love at first sight. However, I am not completly sold on Valentines Day. Year after year i see women walking in the streets with roses and flowers, and it makes me think that this holiday has become just too conventional. Whatever happened to those grand romantic gestures you see and hear about from decades ago?

But thats not to say i have lost all faith in Saint Valentine! This day is a reminder to share the love and often it brings out the romantic and traditional side of a society that has transitioned from love poetry to emails and e-cards.

I would have to say that my favourite part of this holiday goes back to elementary school when every February 14th, we would all design boxes and handout valentines to our classmates. This i feel, is what Valentine's Day is truly about - fun.

So although I am not 100% convinced on this holiday, I feel that if you have someone special to share it with do so, but if you don't - do not fret! Just because you havent found your one true love on February 14th it doesnt mean that you can't enjoy the day with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment