Monday, March 30, 2009

Student Film Project

What Are You Contributing to the Process?
For the creation of my group's film entitled, Scribbles I have taken on a variety of roles. In the pre-production process I worked to help develop the script and storyboards as well as various other tasks to ensure the production phase went as smoothly as possible. As for the production stage, I assisted in developing the shots and camera angles. I also wrote down the shots and their descriptions. Although we have not started our post-production phase I am looking forward to helping in the editing process.

What Skills Have You Acquired?
From this film project I have acquired the ability to do stop-motion animation. I know understand the process and am now able to effective create a scenes using this type of animation. This makes me extremely happy as I always have been fascinated by stop-motion animation and now being able to do it myself is a skill I can use outside this course. I have also developed a better ability to shoot from various camera angles and how to make a film more interesting by adding new and interesting perspectives to view from. 

What Do You Still Need to Learn?
Although I have learned a lot throughout this process, there is still much i need to learn. Firstly, I need to learn how to deal with the technology of the cameras and computers themselves. Uploading from different types of cameras as well as learning how to deal with different types of software on computers are vital skills that I hope to acquire after the editing process is complete. Also, I need to learn how to add different elements to a project from music to seamless transitions. 
TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment