Tuesday, April 28, 2009



I would have to call it a love-hate relationship. I can't live with it, can't live without it. Maybe thats being a little bit dramatic, but after having a cell phone since the young age of 13, i have become quite attached to it. First of all the cell phone that i am currently using is the LG Keybo. Here is a photo:
I always assured myself that i would never become one of those people who is constantly on their phone, texting instead of having real conversations. I am sad to say that i have somewhat become this. As much as i hate it when other people do this to me, I cant help but do the same. Every time i get a call or a text i get a little burst of excitment as to what the other person might have to say. So, what I'm trying to say is texting is like being able to be two places at once and allows you to communicate and socialize with more people, more often.

Not only am i constantly on my cell phone, i am also a extremely technology obsessed. Therefore, just weeks after i got this phone i was already wanting a new one. This is the phone i currently want:
Speed texting is my speciality and this is something that i am quite proud of - which is slightly disheartening. Text messaging is becoming a competition and the people that text the most are considered to be the most popular or biggest socialite. Teenagers today are in constant need of stimulation and entertainment which is why when you look around any given room at any given time most of the teenagers will have their heads down in their phones or blackberries.

So...what is my final opinion on cell phones? I myself would not want to give it up, as not having a cell phone in high school would be like not having a oxygen tank underwater or being weaponless in battle. So unless everyone would be willing to give up their cellphones I am no way prepared to handle the world phone-less.


Here is an example of what happens when texting becomes an obsession. This is a video of a girl who texts while she drives which is not only putting her own life in danger, it is also putting everyone else on the roads at risk also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment